By Darryl G. Smart
The Athletic Association of Brant Haldimand Norfolk held its first-ever cross-country championships at Mohawk Park in Brantford on Wednesday.
Conditions were favourable for the runners, who were all hoping to qualify for the Central Western Ontario Secondary Schools Association championship on October 18 in Walkerton.
- James Kuepfer, W Ross MacDonald School, 16:36 minutes
- Joe Robinson, WRMS, 17:25,
- Sam Rochon, WRMS, 19:36.
Novice Girls: 4,000m
- Eowynn Fowler, DDSS, 17:00 minutes
- Alessia Di Nino, St. John’s College, 17:16
- Paige Lingard, Simcoe Composite School, 17:46.
Overall, St John’s College 31 points
Novice Boys: 4000m
- Gavin Mathieson, Cayuga Secondary School, 14:02 minutes
- Tristan Garlow, Pauline Johnson Collegiate Vocational School, 14:03
- Kyle Arthur, Waterford District High School, 14:22
Overall, DDSS, 50 points
Junior Girls: 5,000m
- Kennason Boudreault , WDHS, 19:10 minutes
- Jadea Collin, Assumption College School, 19:46
- Olivia Bullock, SJC 20:07
Overall, North Park Collegiate 43 points
Junior Boys: 5,000m
- Andrew O’Neal, Holy Trinity, 16:30 minutes
- Micah DuChene, NPC, 17:33
- Kye Farkas, DDSS,18:36
No team champion
Senior Girls: 6,000m
- Kelly Manter, Paris District High School, 24:15 minutes
- Tatum McAuley, Brantford Collegiate Institute, 26:37
- Julia Hesmer, SJC, 26:47
Overall, SJC 38 points
Senior Boys: 6000m
- Dylan Campbell, PDHS, 20:00 minutes
- Brandon Bernard , BCI, 21:34
- Kirby Blackman, NPC, 21:44.
Overall, PDHS 42 points